Friday, July 29, 2011

Dichotomy

When I was a child
it was easy to hold two seemingly contradictory truths in hand
and accept both

God is all powerful, created everything and is present everywhere and at all times
And
God loves me, cares about the smallest details of my life, and listens to my chatter

As I matured I realized how amazing God is-

His creativity spun off galaxies so astounding and planted sea creatures so deep
I'll never see them-

I was tempted to doubt His intimate involvement with me

But

I have known His touch
felt my tears dried
watched the miraculous happen
thrilled to His exquisite soul overwhelming

And so

The child in me still believes
In the God who loves to hear my chatter

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Kassie said...

Chatter - noise
"Make a joyful noise until the Lord."
I think God may have figured out that no matter the sound, it is music if it comes from the one You love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home