Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jars

Canning jars filled with delicious fruits and jellies always fill my heart with joy. It must be a trait handed down from my grandmothers of many generations. The contentment of a full pantry; evidence of a bountiful harvest and provision for the winter ahead.

Well, I'm not a farmer and I hardly have time to put up even one batch these years, but last weekend we did something that gives me the same wonderful feeling that all is well. It is so silly! We gathered up all our gallon, wide-mouthed jars and starting filling them with the random things in our pantry. Cereal, nuts, marshmallows, raisens, candy, crackers. Once we got started we ran out of jars and had to go get more. Michael spearheaded this adventure and when the day was over he called me to admire his handiwork. WOW! Not only does it look orderly and give us oodles more space, but you can see what you have in a glance. All this for the whopping expenditure of $12. Why did we ever give up glass?

Move over Rubbermaid and Tupperware, glass rules!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kassie said...

Ok... it's been a couple years... :D hehe love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home