Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's Summertime



Ah the joys of summer! Yesterday we put up 18 jars of jam- raspberry and blackberry from our yard. Tonight I picked another 6 cups of blackberries and made berry crisp. To go with the BBQ chicken I harvested 3 potatoes, 1 zucchini and 2 small heads of broccoli which are steaming on the stove. Dad’s out BBQing by the pond. It is very tranquil out there. Three of the neighbor girls just stopped by to pick berries for their dinner. I love this place. Both the Bing and Rainier Cherries tasted really great (all 6 of them). I can’t wait until the tree produces enough to share. Wish you all could be here to enjoy the bounty. Takes me back the Summer of Courtship.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger flyseller said...

Yeah, and you ate all the cherries without sharing and of them, well, almost, I did get 1/2 of one cherry.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Mamamax said...

But I let you have all the rubarb and asparagas :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home