Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Changes

I love the time change in the fall! As the thermometer drops and the sunlight diminishes the challenge of getting up on time overwhelms me. I find that I struggle to get to work on time. Any chance for a quiet time in the morning or a relaxing drive to work flies out the window as I race to arrive before my boss. Then – presto chango – I’m waking up early. I have time for a long shower and a lingering look at the Word. My world feels like it’s been put right again by an invisible hand.

I wish all habits were as easy to change. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone would just change the clock and one day I’d wake up fixed? No such luck. Life is not that easy. It’s about growing and changing and fighting the good fight.

Maybe heaven will be like waking up and all the clocks that control who I am, what I think and what I do will finally be set right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home