Monday, September 12, 2005

What's in a Name

A rose by any other name…

When my first grandbaby was born I thought long about what to call myself. The options were Grandma or Nana. I had both a Grandma and a Nana and both were precious to me in their own ways, but I felt more like a Nana. I wondered if my grandchildren would be confused. Would they think I was a fruit? Would they understand that this grandmother was really called ‘Nana’? Would it help distinguish between the 2 grandmothers and 4 great grandmothers?

I decided to go with Nana because Nana was easy to say.

I am so glad I did!

Sheri, Colton, and Kayla all love to say my name. I think they drive their parents crazy with the Nana Song. They love to dance around singing Nana, Nana, Nana when they see me.

What’s in a name? In this name is a whole lot of fun and I just love it.

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger jennylou said...

Love you, Mom (even if you're a crazy Nana). :)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger flyseller said...

He, he, hee. I love Nana. She's the crazy one in the family.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger jennylou said...

Mom, you can delete creepy people's comments and block spam under "Settings" "Comments". I don't think I would "Click Here" if I were you. Got the same comment on mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home