Friday, October 21, 2005

Papa puts them to sleep

Papa has a new reputation – he is the master at putting both Colton and Sheri to sleep at our house. When they get wired and tired and fussy he wraps them up and rocks them until they stop squirming and give up. Ever-so-gently he tiptoes down the hallway and places the precious sleeping bundle in the playpen, tucking the covers carefully about them and giving them one last pat before he gently closes the door. He emerges with an I did it again smile.

And you know what? Since he started doing this they started saying his name. It’s no longer “Nana’s” house, but Nana and Papa (or Pop-pop). I have wondered why these precious little ones love us. Watching them with him I realized that the love begins in the feeling of care and safety. They love and trust him because he comforts them when they can’t do it themselves.

I love being married to this man, and I treasure the grandfather he has become.

4 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger flyseller said...

Hey now. I put you to sleep too! Hee hee.

You are my precious one.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger jennylou said...

Cutie patootie. He just keeps getting gooshier with age.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger J.R. said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kassie said...

My family is whacked!!! I can't read any of your stuff without laughing outloud and waking the whole house! I am so thankful for the glimpses God gives us into the kind of love He feels for us. I have seen it in my parents and now I see it in my kids. Thanks for the legacy... and goosh. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home